The Health Professions Advising Office guides pre-medical and pre-health professions students in their preparation for medical school, as well as other professional health careers.
- One-on-one advising for pre-professional preparation
- Topical workshops on preparing for the health professions
- Pre-Medical Peer Mentoring Program to match freshman pre-medical students with successful upper classmen
- Scholarship and summer opportunity information
- Development of appropriate career paths based on individual assets
In addition, for those admitted to the Medical Scholars Program, academic and career advising is offered using a combination of peer mentors, staff counselors, faculty and local clinicians. Peer Mentors are teamed up with incoming fresmen in the Medial Sholars Program to share their experiences and provide practical advice.